11. January 2022 Press Release

in-tech brings new investor DBAG on board

Deutsche Beteiligungs AG acquires majority stake in in-tech - Founders retain stake, management remains the same

With a majority investment by DBAG Fund VIII, advised by Deutsche Beteiligungs AG (DBAG), in-tech, an engineering company specializing in digitalization in vehicles, is strengthening its growth course with a focus on sustainable and intelligent mobility solutions. Together with the new investor, in-tech intends to grow more strongly in the areas of in-vehicle software, electromobility and autonomous driving, while quadrupling its revenue over the next five years. The management of the company remains unchanged: Tobias Wagner and company founder Christian Wagner will remain managing directors of in-tech.


DBAG fund acquires 70% of shares, founders continue to hold 30%.

Frankfurt-based Deutsche Beteiligungs AG, a listed company, initiates closed-end private equity funds and invests - predominantly alongside DBAG funds - in well-positioned medium-sized companies with potential. DBAG Fund VIII, which is advised by DBAG, acquires 70% of the shares in in-tech GmbH as part of the transaction. The remaining 30% of the shares will continue to be held by Friedrich & Wagner Holding GmbH of the two company founders. The closing of the purchase agreement is subject to the approval of the antitrust authorities and is scheduled for the current first quarter. 


Leading position in engineering - in-tech plans to grow organically and inorganically

Digitization in the automotive industry leads to the expectation of double-digit growth rates in the market for software and engineering services. in-tech plans to further expand its expertise in the coming years, particularly in the areas of software engineering, electric powertrains and autonomous driving, and to achieve a market-leading position in the market for European engineering companies.

The company aims to roughly quadruple its sales over the next five years and is confident that it has a strong partner in DBAG's investment: "DBAG and DBAG Fund VIII open up new strategic opportunities for us to continue the dynamic development of our company. With our focus on the development of sustainable mobility solutions, we want to contribute to an environmentally friendly change in transportation. We will invest even more heavily in the digitalization of the vehicle industry, electromobility and autonomous driving," explains Christian Wagner, founder and CEO of in-tech.

In addition to organic growth, the planned growth is also to be achieved inorganically: "in-tech is also to grow via corporate acquisitions," says Jannick Hunecke, a member of the DBAG Management Board: "With our M&A experience, we can help to rapidly further broaden the competence profile of the new investment and its customer base, including outside the automotive industry."

About in-tech

in-tech shapes digitalization in the automotive industry, rail transport and industry. The company develops solutions for the automotive, eMobility, transport systems and smart industry sectors. The developers and engineers at in-tech work, for example, on topics such as autonomous driving, electromobility, digital rail or smart industrial production.

The company was founded in 2002 and has been consistently growing ever since. in-tech currently employs around 1700 people at locations in Germany, Austria, the USA, China, the UK, the Czech Republic, Mexico, Spain and Romania. The owner-managed company shines as an excellent employer with an outstanding corporate culture: the company has already received several awards for its good working atmosphere, internal team spirit and excellent work-life balance.

Press contact:

Martin Farjah
Phone: 0531 387 33 22

Christine Oertel, Kerstin Liedtke